ffff:, imq or nothing?

Hi all:

At first, i must control the whole inbound traffic and particulary VoIP packets coming from my ISP. As i can see from other people scripts, probably the easiest way to get it done is by using ffff: with the ingress table, like this:

tc qdisc add dev $DEV handle ffff: ingress

tc filter add dev $DEV parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match ip src 0.0.0.0/0 police rate ${DOWNLINK}kbit burst 10k drop flowid :1

But it makes me thing VoIP packets will be dropped and its real time feature won't work. right?

Might i do this without installing imq?(which is supposed to be risky if some patch does not work)