Re: SNMP through VPN?

Nick Drage wrote:

> Can you make other connections, not related to SNMP, from linuxbox1 to
> router2 and from linuxbox2 to router1, both to the router's internal
> interfaces?

Yup - ssh and/or http work just like a charm...

> And what packet sniffing software do you have available on the routers,
> so you can what's happening to the traffic.

I installed tcpdump lately. But it seems that some guy of the german
Astaro support worked that out already - because that's our commercial
firewall in the company, where I had the same effect.

Looks like some SNAT-rule together with another iptables 'ACCEPT' is
necessary to get things going. As soon as I can confirm that the other
way (from the company to the internal interface of my WRT54G), I'll keep
you updated...

But thanks anyway,
cheers,
wjl

Key ID 0x728D9BD0 - public key available at wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
'94 Honda NTV still running on fuel -
everything else here proudly runs Debian GNU/Linux