RE: dumb question...route from local eth1 to eth2 and vice versa

> Thomas Kuiper said:
>> Jesse,
>>
>> I think his problems has nothing to do with iptables but routing in
>> general.
>>

> Thomas,
>
> Ahh. I guess he did use the word "route" didn't he! I should pay more
> attention.
>
> I just figured that since packets were going to be going in
> one eth and out another, that iptables had to be involved. :-)

You are correct : if forwarding is not allowed between eth1 and eth2,
those networks can't communicate.
So this is Netfilter related.

>>> You may get away with simply enabling forwarding between eth1 and
>>> eth2, something like this might allow both the *.1.x and the *.0.x
>>> networks to communicate with eachother:
>>> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth2 -j ACCEPT
>>> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth2 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT

Make sure that these rules are among of the first of your FORWARD chain,
so there's nothing that can block it anyhow.

Gr,
Rob