Robbing public IP addresses

Netfilterists,

I've got a problem I suspect you can help me with.

THE SETUP:
I have created a tunnel between a server at home (Sam) and a server co-located with an ISP (we'll call him HO). My ISP buddy has given me a /30 CDIR of public IP addresses that he is routing down the tunnel towards Sam. Sam has the two public IP addresses .13 and .14 defined using dummy interfaces on eth1. The tunnel has the addresses 10.8.0.1 on HO's side, and 10.8.0.2 on Sam's side of the tunnel. Sam's function in life is two fold: provide web and email services for the public IP side, and act as a general surfing machine in my office for all other traffic.

THE PROBLEM:
I want to route outgoing public IP traffic on Sam through the tunnel, and all other traffic through Sam's default route (Sam is actually behind a WRT54G router with a private IP address. The WRT54G is providing NAT services on the 192.168.0.0/24 side, but is also DMZing Sam on the router's public IP which is dynamically assigned, not that you need to know that). The problem is that I have no way (through standard routing, that is) to know how to route public IP traffic back through the tunnel since I have no way to differential traffic that came through the tunnel with traffic that didn't come through the tunnel. I don't think that DNAT and SNAT alone can solve this problem, at least for SMTP services ( I can make it work for http). I do have access to the root passwd on HO.

I haven't looked at conntrack, but I was hoping that connection tracking might offer a solution here, i.e., if an SMTP request, for example, comes into SAM using one of his public IP.s, how do I make Sam route the return requests back through the tunnel instead of the default route? I welcome all ideas!!

Please cc to stokes@xxxxxxxx as I'm not a subscriber.

Thanks
Mike