how to install time patch

I am using the Linux version 2.4.21-4.ELsmp and
Iptable
version is iptables-save v1.2.8..
I need to install time patch for IPtables for that i
have to install time patch can any one guide me how to
install time patch for iptables i guess i need new
kernal and iptable source and need to compile it again
plz guide me how to do this step by step..

Thanks
Manish Popli

http://farechase.yahoo.com