ip_conntrack_ftp as a module or built-in?

Hello,

sorry for this generic question, but I searched long, without any
clue.

On my linux box I load the ip_conntrack_ftp module with some
parameter (to let the HylaFAX daemon talk with the clients):

    insmod ip_conntrack_ftp ports=21,4559

Is there a way to pass that "ports" parameter to the kernel, if
the feature is compiled into the kernel, instead of as a module?

May be this is a generic modprobe question...

Thank you anyway.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy