Many client with same IP

Hi all,

I need to do a configuration in a server that I don't know if is possible.

The clients connect to the server under ssh to access the database, I need that some clients connect under only one IP, because the database count only one license for four IPs. The first thing that I tought was to take a machine and do it a gateway and the clients of local network connect to the server thgouth this new server and in this new server will be a SNAT, well OK with a sub network but I thinked that this could be possible using iptables on the server that run the databse (the server ever is linux). The clients use putty with Windows XP.

Firstly I configured another IP on the network device:
ifconfig eth0:0 10.0.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
then I did this rule:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.20 -j SNAT --to 10.0.0.10

10.0.0.20 is the IP of the client
10.0.0.10 is the IP of "logic" network device

but it did not function... I tried this rule with the IP of eth0 (10.0.0.9) but eighter did not function...

Sorry for my bad english...

Best Regards.