Identd requests through firewall

Greetings...
IRC servers do an identd lookup when connecting to them, and although most of them do not require a response, I'd like to at least have the capability to return a response should I need to do so. I currently have all incoming identd requests to the firewall rejected with TCP RST, and this is adequate for the time being.

What I would like to do is forward the request to one of the boxes behind the firewall (whichever one is attempting a connection with an IRC server). I know how to forward them all to one of the individual machines (say box 1), but this does not help if I'm using one of the other boxes to connect.

In order for a connection to be considered "RELATED," an helper module would have to exist. In the absence of such a module (the netfilter IRC module does not do this iiuc), is there some other way to make iptables "know" that box1 has initiated a connection to $IRCSERVER and hence forward incoming identd requests from $IRCSERVER to box 1?

It shouldn't matter, but Firewall is Slackware 10.0 +patches, and most boxes behind the firewall are Slackware -something...

Thanks in advance...

Network Diagram:

  Dialup
  Internet