Re: DNAT query

Payal Rathod schrieb:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 11:57:02AM +0100, J?rg Harmuth wrote:
>
>>Some time ago I had a similar problem with SLES8 and nat/OUTPUT. The
>>reason was, that is was the _only_ netfilter optio, that wasn't compiled
>>into the kernel :) I generally don't work with SuSE, so I don't know.
>>Bur maybe they still don't compile it as a kernel module.
>

> So what do you suggest? How do I use it now? Do I have to recomiple te
> kernel for that? I never done that before.
> With warm regards,
> -Payal

It depends. But as Robs solution works for you, it looks like you only
need to redirect/forward connections (roughly: PREROUTING -> FORWARD ->
POSTROUTING). You only need nat/OUTPUT for packets, generated on the
firewall itself (roughly: local process -> OUTPUT -> POSTROUTING). If
you need to redirect locally generated packets *and* nat/OUTPUT isn't
compiled - well, yes then you have to compile the module from the kernel
sources (which in this case is simple, because you only have to enable
one option).

HTH,

Joerg