Re: logging port 25

On Tuesday 2005-October-18 10:29, Scott Mayo wrote:
> the outside.  What rules do I need to set in my firewall, so that any
> mail that is destined for my mail server through port 25 is alright,
> but any mail that is destined for port 25 that is not going to my
> mail server, gets logged and dropeed.
>
> I am trying to do this in case I get a virus that uses its own smtp
> to send out mail.

Good idea. You probably already have some.

> What would I need to put in for my rules?  I thought that I had it

Tell us what you tried and I will tell you why it was wrong. My crystal
ball thinks you put the rules in INPUT. Was it right?

> down correctly, but I am not getting anything in the log.  It does
> log this to /var/log/messages doesn't it?

It logs according to the configuration of your system syslogd. It might
also log to different places depending upon --log-level if specified in
the rule[s] which you did not post. IINM the default syslog facility
and priority is kern.info, but /proc settings can change the priority
too.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header