RE: logging and droping bad tcp packets

Yes... =) Filtering should always be done in the filter table, not
mangle or nat. There have been many discussions regarding this in the
list if you would like more information on why. The bottom line is that
iptables is designed to filter in filter, and it works properly when
done that way.

Derick Anderson