iptables marking and routing problem ...

Hi,
I use iptables command to mark certain traffic and
route it via a vpn tunnel.

Configuration:
SH1 -- R1 ----------------R2 -- RH1

Openvpn tunnel between R1 & R2.
At R1, I use iptables to mark & route certain
traffic(ping ICMP packets) via openvpn-tunnel.
At R2 I use  MASQUERADING when sending traffic to RH1.
When I ping from SH1 to RH1, ping requests reach RH1,
but
ping replies from RH1, received at the tun0 of R1 but
not routed to the subnet (to SH1). I have the required
routing entry at R1.

But when I ping from SH1 to R2, there was no problem.

I have provided all the details, config & iptables
command used etc ..in the attached pdf file.

Pl. have a look at the pdf file and give your
comments.

Thanks &

Rgds
Thava