Re: NAT/POSTROUTING rules doesn't match packets (SOLVED?)

On Friday 07 of October 2005 21:44, Marek Zachara wrote:
> > so before step (3) any packets destined to internet shall be returned
> > with 'destination unreachable'. But i don't know if this could create the
> > contrack entry. the IAX udp packets are being sent all the time, even
> > before the router boots up - so its very likely such packet may hit the
> > router before netfilter (and SNAT) is configured.
> > But from what i understand, the UDP NAT shall refresh every 180 seconds
> > (?) so after 3 minutes the packets shall be nat-ed correctly. But maybe
> > if there is a constant flow of packets it can sustain the contrack entry?
> > But
>
> Bingo :)
>
> I'll answer myself: YES
>
> I have shut down the asterisk for a few minutes to let the router contrack
> clean the entry and then started it up again. Now the connection is NAT-ed
> correctly.
> But this basically means the UDP entry is not 'refreshed' every 180 sec.
> right? Is this a bug or a 'feature'? :)
>
> Marek

As a workaround, is there a way to manually clean up conntrack table - i'd put
it in the boot scripts to assure such problems doesn't happen again. I know i
can put a iptable rule to block all incoming UDP traffic for 3 minutes after
boot-up (so the entries get cleaned), but this makes the router useless for
these 3 minutes ...

Marek