load distribution - sanity check

I'm trying to setup a cluster of name servers, and want to distribute
the load across the cluster such that lookups of e.g. 'www.xxx.com'
will always go to the same node - to be able to benefit from caching.

I figured I'd be able to inspect the DNS queries and reroute the queries
based on a hash-value of the name being looked up.  This sounds like a
job for iptables - am I on the right track?

cheers
/Per Jessen