Re: NAT Helpers?

On Saturday 2005-September-10 00:05, James Stickland wrote:
> My problem with this network setup is that when the terminal server

With WHAT network setup? I saw no information about a network.

> attempts to join the domain, or do such things as browse all the
> network shares (as opposed to typing in their ip address), it
> attempts connections to the 10.10.10.7 broadcast address.  The
> problem lies within the router  - it does not forward broadcasts.

Why not? A broadcast is just another IP. This is sometimes true but not
always true. It might depend on your rules. A clear explanation of the
issue helps in finding a resolution.

> With netfilter, are there any nat helpers I can use  for forwarding
> broadcasts between interfaces? Im looking for something similar to
> the  cisco ip nat helpers.

Apparently no one knows. I've been fortunate to avoid Cisco routers,
myself, so I don't know what they do with broadcasts. (I bet few Cisco
admins would know, either!)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header