Can't login to CVS

Hi,

  I have been trying for the past couple of days to get the latest CVS
checkout for patch-o-matic but it will not let me login using the
example from the how to on the netfilter site.
I use cvs -d :pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvspublic login with
cvs as the pwd and it just gets login failed.  Anyone know what the
passwd is for CVS?

Thanks

--
Jon Scottorn