Re: Transparent proxy where source IP address remains unchanged -- possible?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 09:07:00AM -0400, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:
> I'm relocating a web/email/ssh server from one location to another (and
> consequently to a new IP).  Since it's going to take many hours for the
> IP address changes to propagate across DNS, I'd like to put a proxy box

Not really related to achieving what you're asking, but if you have access to
the DNS records for the domains you're dealing with (and you have enough
leeway time), wouldn't it just be simpler to change your TTL to something like
60 seconds so the propagation time happens much more quickly?

I guess you have to chance things with misbehaving DNS servers that don't
honor TTL's and such ...

Ray

--
Ray Van Dolson