Re: Fwd: Re: IP Tables slows network response times

On Monday 2005-August-15 04:45, Michael Hallager wrote:
> I am in the middle of recompiling my kernel for IP Tables logging
> support.

In the OP you mentioned that this is Slackware. Whilst there are
numerous good reasons why one might wish to compile a custom kernel,
it's worthy of note that the Slackware stock kernels as configured
"Just Work" perfectly with iptables.

The best Slackware advice I have is to start with Pat's config for the
basis for your new kernel. Second best: just use his kernel and
modules. Slackware-current has 2.4.31, and those packages will work
seamlessly in any 2.4.x-capable Slackware release (that's 8.0 and
later. And don't forget the alsa-driver package.)

I generally only compile custom kernels for high-end machines, like
those with RAM >= 1GB, or SMP.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header