RE: IP Tables slows network response times

Something like the following (off the top of my head, so syntax may not
be exact)

iptables -I INPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -o lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

Basically, tell the server to allow anything originating from loopback