Re: iptables permission problem in perl scripts

>the cgi file is owned by root/root and is run by user nobody.
>myfile.pl is owned by root/root, and I've it setuid (chmod u+s
>myfile.pl ; chown root:nobody myfile.pl) to be able to run iptable
>commands, but it returns this error:

To run suid perl scripts, you must
- chmod u+s the script AND
- use "suidperl" AND
- have suidperl being u+s

And it's the biggest security hole as everyone says - does not [yet] reflect
my opinion, though. So use some sudo magic (as recommended) if possible.

Jan Engelhardt