Re: iptables permission problem in perl scripts

Can we get an ls -l of the files in question?  What is the user that the web server is running as?

Grant. . . .

afshin lamei wrote:
Dear all,
I have a cgi script, which uses some perl scripts in which i'm running
iptables command using "system" function, like this:
myfile.pl:
system("iptables -F FORWARD")

the cgi file is owned by root/root and is run by user nobody.
myfile.pl is owned by root/root, and I've it setuid (chmod u+s
myfile.pl ; chown root:nobody myfile.pl) to be able to run iptable
commands, but it returns this error:
/////
modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables.
iptables v1.2.11: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Permission
denied (you must be root) perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be
upgraded.
/////
what's the solution?
thanks a lot