Re: SSH Brute Force not working (any longer)

On Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:50 AM,
curby . wrote:

2 and 3 have --set during the rule in the INPUT chain that jumps to
the custom chain.

Ooops, blind me, I completely overlooked that. But it should work anyway.

If this is not the result of something dumb we're doing, there's
probably a bug that should be squirreled out.  Intermittent problems
in security software are bad. Still, iptables has been so stable that
I'm thinking it's likely my fault. =P

Nope, guess it's not your fault ;-) I found something with google, and it looks relevant to our problem. It also explains why my reboot didn't seem to help first, but then it magically started working again:
http://patchwork.netfilter.org/netfilter-devel/patch.pl?id=2587

Marius