Re: rc.local

Visham Ramsurrun wrote:
Can anyone tell me about the additional configurations that have to be done after i paste of my the contents of my iptables script in

Distro questions belong in a distro forum. I can guarantee that what you're doing is the wrong way to set up a firewall at boot time, in any distro with which I am familiar. Check your distro's documentation about "firewall" or "iptables" and find out the right way to do it.

rc.local. What things do I have to do for it to take the iptables
rules in it? I did an iptables -L but no rules were present.

rc.local, like other startup scripts, is a shell script. Do learn what that means; I cannot help you unless you know what can/should be in a script. Perhaps your time would be best spent at this point in finding some basic bash and shell tutorials.

I will throw in a WAG, however: your "script" might have been a set of rules for iptables-restore(8).
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header