RE: dnatting

I agree with everything that has been said BUT I must also interject.  A
lot small business and many home users who get one or two IP's usually
don't have a second DNS floating around.  For larger organizations I
would definitely use the split DNS.  We do that at a couple locations
when we can.

As for this case, I think it's completely acceptable.

Since this does indeed work I think it should be documented as a viable
solution (which I think it's in the fine print on one of the docs that I
read before).