connection tracking and DNS

Hi !

I had a look at the site and did not find a lot of documentation about connection tracking. I only found modules for ftp, mms, talk, sip, quake and a few others : does it mean that other protocols are not conntracked ?

Then, I'm wondering how connection tracking is dealing with DNS (and more generally UDP) requests and replies : is it based on ports (when a connection from port 3350 to 53 occurs, iptables expect an answer from port 53 to port 3350) ? is it based on any magical number inside the packet header ?

Thanks.

PS : if this such a documentation already exists, could you please send me the link ?