Re: Help! Windows vpn through iptables

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 20:56, Kimi Sato wrote:
> VPN connection to Windows 2000 RAS works within iptables without a
> problem. Iptables has TCP port 1723 and protocol 47 open, the same
> way as other ports such as 80, 25, 443.

INPUT or FORWARD? Is the PPTP server running on the firewall machine
itself?

> When I try PPTP vpn from outside of iptables using windows vpn
> client, it hangs at verifying user name and password.  I don't have

And the logs say ... ? I bet this is a pptpd or pppd issue.

> any other ports open.  Do I need to open some other ports in order
> for vpn connection to go through iptables? Any input will be

1723/tcp and GRE should be accepted for the PPTP server. That's all
(except of course the outbound traffic must be allowed too.)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header