Help! Windows vpn through iptables

VPN connection to Windows 2000 RAS works within iptables without a problem.
Iptables has TCP port 1723 and protocol 47 open, the same way as other ports
such as 80, 25, 443.
Other services such as http, https, smtp works fine.
When I try PPTP vpn from outside of iptables using windows vpn client, it
hangs at verifying user name and password.  I don't have any other ports
open.  Do I need to open some other ports in order for vpn connection to go
through iptables? Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks.