To: "Damon Gray" <dgray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Bruno Negrão" <vpopmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: Tunneling other protocols over TCP port 80

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Damon Gray wrote:

Bad security policies aside.... :)

You could always run the telnet server on port 80. Or run netcat (aka nc) on
the box on port 80 redirecting to port 23.

He could, if he wanted to really violate the policies in place and tunnel
traffic in the clear.  he's actually asking about something that would be
deemed a tad more seucre/private in nature, though still likely a
violation os the security policies currently in place and thus subjecting
himself to likely termination once the tunnel was discovered, let alone
potential prosecution.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne