How to use ip_queue without linking libipq?

Hi all,

I've been asked to develop a user-space application receiving packets
from the ip_queue module. I know the simplest solution would be to use
libipq, but unfortunately the application cannot be released under GPL
(because it also uses some proprietary code).

So, I am thinking about directly interacting with the ip_queue module by
using netlink. However, I know how to open a netlink socket, but I've
not been able to find any documentation about how to use a netlink
socket to communicate with ipqueue...

I think that looking at libipq code for understanding how to use ipqueue
would be a license violation (I would end up with a code too similiar to
libipq), right?

Is some documentation about directly using ipqueue available somewhere?
Can anyone help me?

			Thanks,
				Luca

(P.S.: please cc me because I am not subscribed to the mailing list)
                               N O    W A R ! ! !