Re: How to use ip_queue without linking libipq?

On 6/20/05, Luca Abeni <lucabe72@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that looking at libipq code for understanding how to use ipqueue
> would be a license violation (I would end up with a code too similiar to
> libipq), right?

I believe it would.

> Is some documentation about directly using ipqueue available somewhere?
> Can anyone help me?

IANAL, but...

You'd have to clean-room it: get someone else to study the libipq
source and write you a document specifying how to interface with the
ip_queue module via netlink. Yourself, you should not look at the
libipq source, only this other person. That would then allow you to
write a non-GPL interface to ip_queue functionality. This is how the
original third-party BIOS was designed and implemented, circumventing
IBM's proprietary license on it.

--
[ Tobias DiPasquale ]
0x636f6465736c696e67657240676d61696c2e636f6d