Re: Re: Route traffic per protocol - it is possible?

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:28:58AM -0700, Scott wrote:
> Hi, I tried with the -p tcp and then with -p tcp -m
> tcp options and to no avail, but with a new error:
>
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>
> I have gone through every bit of the command:
>
> iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport
> 22 -j ROUTE --gw 1.2.3.4
>
> ..to no avail!!  even if I change PREROUTING to INPUT,
> OUTPUT, FORWARD or POSTROUTING it's the same error..
> surely someone must know why, I'm out of answers...

you don't have support for the ROUTE target in your kernel.  if you have
a modular kernel:

  ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ROUTE*

if you do not have a modular kernel:

  grep ROUTE /proc/net/ip_tables_targets

if neither command produces positive output, patch and recompile your
kernel with support for the ROUTE target.

-j

--
"Peter: We could always go to purgatory like we did last year.
 Lois: This isn't bad. It's not good, but it's not bad.