Re: Re: Route traffic per protocol - it is possible?

Hi, I tried with the -p tcp and then with -p tcp -m
tcp options and to no avail, but with a new error:

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

I have gone through every bit of the command:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport
22 -j ROUTE --gw 1.2.3.4

..to no avail!!  even if I change PREROUTING to INPUT,
OUTPUT, FORWARD or POSTROUTING it's the same error..
surely someone must know why, I'm out of answers...

--- Gustavo Castro Puig <gcastro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Scott:
>
>   That wasn't the error. I've seen the error before
> typing and I tested it
> the correct way. It's something related to de
> kernel/netfilter version.
>   Anyway, I'm still trying to find a solution...
>
> > It doesn't, at least not with 1.2.11, here is the
> > error:
> >
> > iptables v1.2.11: Unknown arg `--dport'
> > Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more
> > information.
> >
> > tested with a 2.6.11 kernel.
> >
> > --- Gustavo Castro Puig <gcastro@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Kenneth:
> >>
> >>   It's almost sure to work... but I don't have
> one
> >> of the latest version
> >> of iptables (which includes this feature), so I
> >> can't make it that
> >>   Anyway, I should update my netfilter...
> >>   I'll check it!
> >>   Thank you, Keneth, and if anybody have any
> other
> >> way to do this, will be
> >> appreciated too!
> >>
> >> Cheers,