Re: bad packets crash firewall.

I wrote:
I am not sure if this is related to bad packets, a bad pptp patch, poor kernal .. I am at a loss.

[snip]

Check your logs, do debugging of the more likely suspect, pptpd.

Or, on further thought, the MPPE kernel patch you used is equally suspect. Are the Windows users using MPPE? How about the Linux one?

Please note, this is not an invitation to continue in an offtopic thread here, I am only trying to be complete in providing something which might be useful to you. I no longer support pptpd at my sites; we are moving them to openvpn.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header