bad packets crash firewall.

I am not sure if this is related to bad packets, a bad pptp patch, poor kernal .. I am at a loss.

I haev a firewall iptables on FC3. It was reciently pached to include support for pptp. When one of the users (who has a linux desktop) tries using pptp, the firewall crashes .. (the entire box panics). Any ideas how one user could bring the firewall down .. I need to fix this somehow . THis problem does not appear when windows users attempt to use pptp.

THank you for any advice,
Peter