Re: Nice ZoneAlarm that might be useful for Iptables

> There is a nice feature of Zonealarm for Windows that will check
> outgoing packets, and if that program sending is not on their list, ask
> if you want to allow that program to access the web.

Maybe you can have a look at :
http://fireflier.sourceforge.net/
I've never tested it but from screenshots it seems able to do application
filtering :
http://fireflier.sourceforge.net/qtclient_userspace.html

By the way you can have network range application filtering with nufw :
http://www.nufw.org

> In addition, it will warn if a program is asking for server rights
> although and ask for approval to grant that, although I don't understand
> what they mean by "server rights".

This is the right to open a socket in listening mode ?