Can't link libipq

Hi,

I am having problem linking libipq on Linux, I am using Redhat 8,0
it complianed about cannot reference to ipq library calls during linking

I have searched on the web, and it seems to be some gcc problem,
Can anyone tell me what configuration that has worked.
I.e.
Kernel version,
iptable version,
gcc version.