Re: netfilter Digest, Vol 10, Issue 70

>> If the answer to the above is no, would the connection be
>>considered as ESTABLISHED if the default behaviour of >>ip_conntrack
was used?

>what on earth do you mean by this statement?

What I mean by this is that the when a protocol is unknown to the
ip_conntrack module if you don't have or don't want to use helper
conntrack modules like that for TCP or FTP), connection tracking
adopts a default method for handling these packets. It resembles the
handling of UDP packets. When this default behaviour is used, even a
packet that is not the SYN packet is considered as NEW. A second
packet in the reverse direction (reply packet) will set the connection
state to ESTABLISHED.

Many thx for the reply...pls do respond to what I've written.

Warm regards,
Visham