Iptables as packet shaper

Hi all,

Im using iptables to filter, translate IP address and forward traffic, Im using squid delay_pool to limit client access per user and per network, but im having a limitation with the squid delay_pool. I want to have a packet shaper that can can allow my user to have 32 kbps during peer time and 256 during off peek time. Delay_pool is not capable of that. Can IPTABLES do this kind of shaping?

Thank you very much,

wennie