Re: rules for skype

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 15:17 +0800, Victor Yeo wrote:
> > - Use *tc* to choke the skype traffic. I have a list of apps to allow
> > through the network. The rest go into a default pipe of 2 Kbps. This
> > deteriorates the performance of the application. I think text chatting
> will
> > still go through but voice chatting, file sharing and all gets choked.
> > NOTE: I have had better success not blocking its default ports. That way I
> > can keep it away from the standard Internet ports and thus easily classify
> > it into the default pipe.
>
> Where can i find more information on *tc* ? thanks for any reply.
>
> Rgds,
> Victor

<snip>
You can try 'man tc' and take a look at
http://lartc.org/howto/index.html

Good luck - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net