Re: On vanilla Fedora 3, can't do a transparent proxy (-j REDIRECT)

Ramoni,

Thank you (and Jason) very, very much. I didn't know that the
prerouting chain for the nat table is not valid for locally generated
packets.

Just to get this into the thread: Why is the output chain the right
place for locally generated packets?

I.e., if I did want a request to port 80 from the local machine to get
redirected to port 8080, what would I do?

John