Re: route all internet traffic through dummy device?

Mariusz Kruk wrote:
On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Mimz wrote:

I'm trying to route all internet traffic through a dummy network device.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that yet :-(

I used a tunnel between dwo different addresses on loopback device (ie.
127.0.0.2 and 127.0.0.3) and policy routing which puts everything from
outside to one end of the tunnel and from the inside into another end
(in my setup it works bi-directionaly - another hop is added for packets
traveling both ways).
If anyone is interested in more detailed description, I will gladly
provide info.

I'm curious as to what purpose you would want to do such a thing? Are you just trying to decrement the TTL by one hop or are you wanting to mess with QoS on inbound / outbound traffic? If so why not use IMQ?

Grant. . . .