Re: I need help with "CONNMARK --set-mark"

Thanks for your prompt answer Jason.

On Thu 14 Apr 2005 13:45, Jason Opperisano wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:32:33PM +0100, Adrian Turcu wrote:
> >
> > I'm just trying to revive this as there was no answer till now. Maybe I'm
> > lucky this time :)
>
> i didn't respond because i couldn't really decipher what your actual
> question was.  if your question is:

It seems that I have to remember to switch off the message signing - company
policy: signed messages only - not to interfere with sendig to the list.

I apologise to you all.

> why does "-j MARK --set-mark" seem to work while "-j CONNMARK
> --set-mark" seem to not work?  the best explanation i've seen posted
> here was:
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=netfilter&m=110894240806358&w=2
>
> if that's not your question--well that would explain why i didn't
> respond the first time.
>
> -j

Well, bottom line, that was my question, kind of, and that link you sent, it
gives a very good explanation to the matter. I could not see this documented
anywhere, I mean how CONNMARK behaves with its various options, maybe I did
not read the right stuff. But anyway, great job! I have to stick with both of
them, CONNMARK and the good old MARK.

Thanks again,
Adrian