From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Mok
Sent: 07 April 2005 19:50
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux firewall + NAT Traversal + IPsec

Hi,

I'm new to Linux. Is it possible make a Linux box with firewall + NAT, such
that client PC(s) from the NATed internal network could connect to a VPN
gateway on the Internet :-

 client PC ----- Linux iptables firewall + NAT ---- Internet ---- IPsec VPN
gateway
192.168.x.x/16                                              (e.g.
Checkpoint FW-1)
(VPN client)

I hope someone could help to advise what software / kernel patch is required
on the Linux box to NAT traversal work and where to get the HOWTO(s)?

Thanks a lot.

John Mok