RE: HELP! Transparent Proxy using bridging 2.6.9 and REDIRECT on different subnet

Thanks for your reply. Our product is a Linux based product that uses
netfilter. We have Squid and a filtering engine on our box. We are
strong supporters of netfilter. Our customers have many subnets behind
our box because of where it is placed in their network. Bringing up
alias's on br0 for each of their subnets that are not even on that
broadcast domain is a big band aid :). I think this is somehow a bug in
ip_nat_core.c and will investigate that further and have cc'd
coreteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and hopefully that will get to Rusty who wrote
it.

As for the SNAT I think Jason Opperisano's response is correct.
Everything works great, except somewhere in ip_nat_core.c the src port
is getting changed to 1 from 80. I have attached an ethereal dump to
show this happening and a dump when it does what it is supposed to.
Everything between the 2 is the same, except after I captured the
no_work.cap, I did

ifconfig br0:0 192.168.255.165

So it had an IP on the test machine's subnet. Of course it worked fine
and that capture is work.cap

Thanks for all your help.

Trevor Paskett
Cymphonix Programmer - CCNA, CWNA