Re: iptables / FTP masquerading: Port command illega

amateurguy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When i look at the packets, I see the client sending a Port cmd using
> its non-routable IP. This then passes through a firewall, and the
> source IP gets translated to a public IP.

The source IP does, but probably the IP inside the PORT command doesn't.
You need to load ip_nat_ftp in THAT firewall and tell it to monitor port
29 (you do that in the "modprobe ip_nat_ftp" commandline.)

Either that, or more simply configure the client ftp software and tell
it what its real ip address is.

I don't know if you can do anything on the server side.

As for that other problem (port 21 working differently than port 29) I
don't know, it could be anything.

Cheers
Toby