Re: syslogging firewall data to an external file

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 16:40, Georgi Alexandrov wrote:
> Use the ULOG (userspace logging) target and the ulogd deamon. That way
> you may specify logging to a particular file (supports sql logging too).
> More at: http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

in addition to the ULOG target/ulogd solution (which is the easier way
to go), you could also use syslog-ng as your syslog daemon and use its
filtering capabilities to say, dump all logs entries with the string
"FIREWALL" into /var/log/firewall.

-j

--
"Asleep at the switch?  I wasn't asleep, I was drunk!"
	--The Simpsons