Re: Question regarding the interaction of iptables and IPsec

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 16:27, Mark Hendrickson wrote:
> All,
>
> This is my first time posting to this list, so if the question has already
> been answered. Please point me to the information.
>
> Question:  After an ESP packet has been unencrypted and restored to its
> original form by IPsec, racoon for our installation, is the restored packet
> ran back through iptable again for filtering??

if you're asking about 2.6 built-in IPSec, yes.

funny enough--someone else did just ask the same question:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=netfilter&m=111076493609536&w=2

-j

--
"Be careful when we capture him! We cannot claim the reward unless
 we have 51% of the carcass"