Question regarding the interaction of iptables and IPsec

All,

This is my first time posting to this list, so if the question has already
been answered. Please point me to the information.

Question:  After an ESP packet has been unencrypted and restored to its
original form by IPsec, racoon for our installation, is the restored packet
ran back through iptable again for filtering??

Thanks,
Mark