Re: HUP

Sietse van Zanen wrote:
Then indeed ip_conntrack must have a faulty connection in a bucket
somewhere. You might be able to get rid of it by flushing your tables
(reloading the firewall). Or rmmod the iptables modules.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. It's probably the M$ client
behaving badly, not sending FINs correctly, or something like that. Many M$
clients are known to not close their connections correctly. It could
ofcourse also be a network hick-up, causing the client to forcably
disconnect but never closing the connection on TCP/IP level.

A reboot or reloading of the ip_conntrack module should fix it. Again, don't
worry too much about it. Better make sure your Terminal Services are
configured with idle session time-out limits etc.

HI Sietse

A big thanks for this. Suppose im been a bit looney about this.

Suppose I should wait for the TTL to kick in (Wonder why its so high though)
192.168.10.100,3389 tcp ESTABLISHED 70:09:29

Thanks again.

Brent Clark