Reverse ARP. I know your MAC what's your IP ?

Hello,

 Could anybody please tell me if they found a way to do a reverse ARP ? We have a number of 'unknown' MAC address using our hotspots which we are curious about.
 We have tried using the Arping script by Thomas Habets but it doesn't seem to work. (don't think it's wireless friendly ?) A arp -a doesn't show which IP we're after either for our own network reasons.
 If anybody knows or can give any advice on how to RARP from a linux box that would be great !

Thanks very much.

Sylvan